GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Wednesday 20 July 2011

POST # 729 Albert Lee on the Echoplex effect

When I met Jerry Reed in ’68 or ’69, he told me you could get great delay tricks with an Echoplex, but didn’t explain how. It wasn’t until I picked up an instrumental album by Jim and Jesse, a bluegrass duo featuring Jesse McReynolds on mandolin, that I heard someone using echo to add notes to a line. It sounded amazing, so in ’71 or ’72 I brought an Echoplex back to England, but it took me two or three years to stumble upon how you create that effect. I was actually playing too many notes. You have to play a very strict four notes to the bar and slide the playhead until the repeat comes in a beat-and-a-half later. This way the delay falls between each note you’re picking. To make it work, you have to set the delay for only one repeat and keep the echo at the same volume and tone as the original note.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...