GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Sunday 27 February 2011

POST # 509 MYSTERY CASE # 27 "WHO" am I ???




G'day Guitar Eureka Detectives!

You are given 10 clues to the identity of this mystery person , see how many clues you require to guess the correct answer, have fun!


1. I was born on September 3, 1934 and died from heart failure on December 28, 1976, age forty two.







2. My first band in the 50's was the Every Hour Blues Boys, with guitarist Jimmy Lee Robinson and drummer Sonny Scott. In 1952, while employed at the steel mill, I occasionally worked as a sideman with such bands as the Little Sonny Cooper Band and Earl Payton's Blues Cats.







3. In 1956 I cut my first record as a leader, for El-Bee Records. The A-side was a duet with a Margaret Whitfield, "Country Boy,",[11] and the B-side was a vocal. Both tracks feature the guitar of Robert Lockwood, Jr., who during these same years was also adding rhythm backing and fills to Little Walter's records.







4. I was repeatedly rejected in auditions for the South Side's Chess Records, the complaint was that I sang too much like B.B. King.









5. I was nicknamed "the Texas Cannonball."








6. I have an intuitive style, often creating guitar parts with vocal nuances, I achieved this by using the open string sound associated with Texas blues and the raw, screaming tones of West Side Chicago blues. I was one of the first bluesmen to have a multi-racial backing band onstage with me at live performances.







7. In my early career I played a gold top Gibson Les Paul with P-90 pickups through a Gibson GA-40 amplifier, later moving on to Gibson ES-345 guitars.






8. I played using a plastic thumb pick and a metal index-finger pick to achieve an aggressive finger attack, a style I learned from Jimmy Rogers.







9. I recorded my debut single for Federal Records on August 26, 1960: "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" backed with "You've Got to Love Her with a Feeling" on the same recording date I also cut the instrumental "Hide Away," which the next year reached #5 on the R&B Charts and #29 on the Pop Singles Chart.










10. I went on to influence the likes of Eric Clapton, Mick Taylor, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Lonnie Mack, among many others.





I am ?????????????????????????


























ANSWER:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...