GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Tuesday 8 February 2011

POST # 489 MYSTERY CASE # 25 "WHO" am I ???




G'day Guitar Eureka Detectives!

You are given 10 clues to the identity of this mystery person , see how many clues you require to guess the correct answer, have fun!


1. I was born November 6, 1966 in Illinois, USA.






2. Around 1981-82 I first contacted Mike Varney, founder of Shrapnel Records, asking for a gig with Ozzy Osbourne. At the time, Varney couldn't think why Osbourne would want a 15 year old guitarist, but after listening to my demo he changed his mind. We talked for the next 3 years, until I went to L.A. for the GIT.






3. My first band in 1985 originally comprised of me on guitar, Juan Alderete (bass), Harry Gschoesser (drums) and Jeff Martin (vocals). Where my playing was reminiscent of Yngwie Malmsteen, displaying fast-driven solos with extreme-level technique.






4. My many influences on my playing include Randy Rhoads, Eddie Van Halen, Yngwie Malmsteen, John J Kirby, Tony Iommi, Alex Lifeson, Jimmy Page, Robin Trower, Pat Travers, Judas Priest, Akira Takasaki, Steve Clark, Jimi Hendrix, Kiss, and The Ramones.





5. Guitar World magazine declared me one of 50 of the world's fastest guitarists of all time, along with Buckethead, Eddie Van Halen, and Yngwie Malmsteen.






6. Regarding amplifiers, I used A/DA preamps(A/DA MP-1) and rack effects units early in my career prior to switching to Laney amplifiers. Currently I rely on the Marshall Vintage Modern 2266c combo amps.








7. I played in my second band until the late 1990s. I left the band in 1997 to pursue a solo career, and was replaced by Richie Kotzen. We reformed in 2009 for a world tour.






8. Recently, I have been using Ibanez "Fireman" (a reversed-body Ibanez Iceman with single-coil pickups and an extra cutaway) guitars, which I designed myself. Ibanez also makes a Flanger pedal with my inputs. I also uses the Psilocybe phaser and THC chorus pedals from Home Brew Electronics.







9. I primarily uses my Ibanez signature series guitars with painted f holes.









10. I am well known for my guitar work with Racer X and Mr. Big, as well as many solo albums. I also joined Joe Satriani and John Petrucci on the 2007 G3 tour.


I am ????????????????

ANSWER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZJuPWmfjIw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...