GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Sunday 9 January 2011

POST # 459 MYSTERY CASE No. 21 WHO am I ????



G'day Guitar Eureka detectives, you are given 10 clues to the identity of this mystery person, see how many clues you need to solve the mystery! Have fun!

1. I was born in Washington, D.C. on September 4, 1945.



2. I began playing at age nine, joining my first band, the Lancers, three years later. In 1960, I pursued a jazz direction when I joined the Offbeats, where pianist/organist Dick Heintze proved to be one of my biggest influences. I began to attract wider interest in the 1970s while playing guitar and banjo for the group Liz Meyer & Friends.



3. I made my name as a performer in the Washington, DC, area during the late 1970s and 1980s, both as a solo performer and with his Redneck Jazz Explosion. I have also performed with old teenage friend Jack Casady and Jorma Kaukonen (from Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna) as "Jack and the Degenerates". I also shared a room and friends with Roy Buchanon.




4. I love hot-rodding streetcars!!



5. I was known for using a beer bottle or mug (still half full of beer), without regard to whether it might spill all over stage or my guitar.



6. I played with a jazz-style teardrop pick, and was capable of intricate passages combining Bluegrass, bebop, and garage sounds, executed with amazing clarity and at dizzying speeds.



7. I usually played a 1953 Fender Telecaster (Fender now manufactures a replica of my heavily customized instrument), with Joe Barden pick-ups and Fender Super 250L's, or Nickel Plated Steel (.010 to .046 with a .015 for the G) strings.



8. My picking technique was a hybrid combination of pick and fingers, primarily my middle and ring fingers on my right hand.



9. My album 88 Elmira Street was up for a 1990 Grammy Award for the song "Elmira Street Boogie" in the category Best Rock Instrumental Performance, but was beaten by Eric Johnson with "Cliffs of Dover".



10. I have been referred to as "the Telemaster", "the world's greatest unknown guitarist" and "The Humbler".


I am ????

Answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYK13NPAvks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...