GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Thursday 9 December 2010

POST # 430 MYSTERY CASE No 17 WHO am I ???



Good Day GUITAR EUREKA Detectives!

You are given 10 clues to the identity of this mystery PERSON. See how many clues you require to solve the case...have fun!


1. I was born on February 18, 1956.



2. I made my first guitar while at St. Mary's College of Maryland.



3. After college, I opened a guitar repair shop and started making instruments, about one a month.



4. My collaborator was John "Orkie" Ingram.



5. I got my break when Derek St. Holmes, of the Ted Nugent Band, agreed to try out #2, the second guitar I had ever made.



6. My guitars are usually crafted of mahogany, with a maple top on most models. My guitars are known for "popping the grain" on their figured maple topped instruments, a process that accents the '3D' quality of the maple through a multistep staining process.



7. My guitar's bridge features an one-piece pre-intonated stoptail which does not allow for intonation but because our manufacturing tolerances are so tight, guaranteeing that the distance between witness points will be within a few thousandths of an inch from guitar to guitar. Two other bridge designs are our vibrato, which resembles a vintage Fender Stratocaster unit but with much better tonal stability due to less friction, and the more recent compensated wrapover tailpiece, which only allows for minimal intonation adjustment. An adjustable wrap over bridge is available as an additional extra.



8. Ted McCarty, former president of Gibson became my mentor and adviser.



9. Gibson Guitar Corp filed a trademark infringement against my company. An injunction was ordered and we stopped manufacture of the Singlecut at the end of 2001. The decision was overturned in 2005 , the court emphasizing Gibson’s concession in court arguments that “only an idiot” would confuse the two products at the point of sale.



10. My guitars also feature our own pickups including HFS (Hot, Fat, and Screams); Vintage Bass; McCarty; Santana I, II, and III; Archtop; Dragon I and II; Artist I through IV; #6, #7, #8, #9, and #10, RP (after the initials of the designer, Ralph Perucci) and Soapbar.


I am ???????????


ADDITIONAL TRIVIA/CLUES



My company's headquarter is still at Stevensville, Maryland.


My guitar's fret markers include the lower end moons, and the higher end birds.


Notable players of my guitars include Carlos Santana, Al di Meola, Mark Tremonti and Orianthi.


ANSWER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk0R84gvyEk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...