GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Wednesday 17 November 2010

POST # 408 MYSTERY CASE # 14 WHAT am I ???



Good Day GUITAR EUREKA Detectives!


You are given 10 clues to the identity of this mystery OBJECT. See how many clues you require to solve the case...have fun!

1. I started life in 1976, my designer's profession at the time was making jewellery.


2. My first patent was awarded in 1979 when my designer made an agreement with a guitar manufactuer because he could no longer keep up with demand by manufacturing by hand.


3. I became widely available in 1982.


4. Some players find that the guitar has a "thin tone" with my installation, which has led to the development of replacement sustain blocks.


5. In January 1991, Kramer's exclusive distribution agreement with my designer ended when Fender announced that they would be the new exclusive distributor.


6. Typically I am 'floating' but some user prefer to set me 'flush' with the body so string breakage would not put the whole guitar out of tune.


7. Originally I had brass nut where the strings were locked in place with three U-shaped clamps, later changed to hardened steel.


8. The original version were double locking but did not have fine tuners, requiring the nut to be unclamped any time minute string tuning changes needed to be made.


9. I gained popularity in the 1980s through influential guitarists like Eddie Van Halen, Neal Schon, Brad Gillis, and Steve Vai.


10. I am named after my inventor Floyd D. Rose


I am the ?????


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...