GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Wednesday 20 October 2010

POST # 380 MYSTERY CASE No. 10 "WHAT" am I ?



Good Day GUITAR EUREKA Detectives!

You are given 10 clues to the identity of this mystery OBJECT. See how many clues you require to solve the case...have fun!

1. I was first made in 1969 at Prune Music in San Francisco. I was made available for the public in 1971.

2. Once in production I used high-quality printed circuit board that was etched and hand-wired by my inventor in the early days, later with help from his wife Rayven.

3. I am a Class A/B amp and uses 4 x 6L6, 4 x 12AX7 and 1 x 12AT7 Tubes. I am switchable between 60 and 100 watts.

4. My front panel controls were Volume 1, Volume 2, Treble, Middle, Bass, and Master. My later versions had "Pull Bright" and "Pull Boost" on the volume controls.

5. My early versions sometimes featured no reverb as it was optional, later versions have available with reverb and/or graphic EQ. I have "slave out" and "reverb" labeled on the back with Dymo stick.

6. My covers were fake snake skin, then black or blonde Tolex, with polished hardwood cabs available as an upgrade.

7. I was originally a Fender Princeton Amplifier but hot-rodded with a Bassman circuit and 12 inch JBL D-120

8. I have 2 channels, the "Input 2" channel, voiced like the Fender Bassman through Volume 2 only, and the high gain "Input 1" channel, a multi-Stage “Cascading” Gain Circuit through Volume 1 & 2.

9. Unlike most tube amps (at the time) with 1 or 2 gain stages, I have four gain stages between Input 1 and the output stage.

10. I was played by Carlos Santana who said "Man, that little amp really boogies!"



ADDITIONAL TRIVIA/CLUES

11. I have been used by Carlos Santana on Abraxas, and by The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards and Ron Wood, who used the amps live and in the studio from 1977 until 1993.

12. I was invented by Randall Smith and made by Mesa Boogie.

13. My latest incarnation (as of 2010) is version V, released on 15 January 2009 at the 2009 Winter NAMM Show.

I am the ????


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...