GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Tuesday 14 September 2010

POST # 344 Frank Gambale on Writing Music

I love to write. It took a long time for me to like my own compositions. It's difficult to come to a point where you feel comfortable with your own music when you've been listening all your life to the brilliant works of some of your favorite musicians. You always compare yourself. Now I don't really do that anymore. I write what I write and hope that people like it. The market for my music is small, and so I know that those who do listen to my music expect a high standard and interesting chord changes and a high level of soloing. That's what I do. I try to find strong melodies that can be sung, and then create solo sections with interesting solo changes to play over. I don't like to write something that's like anyone else or for commercial gain, I wish to be true to the music, art for art's sake. My music is difficult to describe and record companies have a hard time selling it and the main radio stations won't play it, but that's OK. I still won't deviate from making what I consider good music. It's not music for everybody, but it's what I love to do. I won't compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...