GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Wednesday 13 January 2010

POST # 258 Jim Marshall on Hendrix and Marshall Amps

I met Jimi Hendrix through one of my drum pupils, Mitch Mitchell. Jimi was playing at Ronnie Scott's in London, the group there was using a Marshall and so he had to too. He liked it a lot and he told Mitch he had to have some and that he also wanted to meet me because we shared the same name - as you may know, Jimi's full name was James Marshall Hendrix, you see. When Mitch brought him into the shop the first thing Jimi said to me was "I've got to use Marshalls" and I immediately thought, "Bloody hell, here's another American guitarist wanting something for nothing." But straight away Jimi said, "I want to pay for everything at the going rate. All I want is service wherever I'm playing in the world." So, we had his roadie spend two weeks at the factory with Dudley learning how to change valves - or tubes as you call them - do the bias and so on. The chap picked things up really quickly and must've done a great job because we never got called out to do service by Jimi even once! - Jim Marhsall

( I think Hendrix have voided his warranty on that strat though :P - Ed )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...