GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Tuesday 4 August 2009

POST # 140 Jim Hall on Wes Montgomery and his Humorous Side

Jim Hall particularly recalls Wes' humorous side: "After mentioning that I practiced a lot whenever I was playing with [saxophonist] Sonny Rollins, Wes said, 'I never practice; I just open the case and throw in a piece of meat.' The implication being that the guitar is a beast in the case. One time he was playing at the Monterey Jazz Festival and didn't have an amp, so I volunteered to go to a local shop and pick one up. When he saw the size of this huge thing, he said, 'Man, I ain't going to play that much guitar!' - Jim Hall

( I think Wes' humourous side really comes through his playing as well, he's always a picture of contentment and enjoyment whenever he plays even when he's pulling off impressive licks on the guitar! - Ed )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...