GUITAR EUREKA !

GITARRE EUREKA! GUITARE EUREKA! GITAAR EUREKA! CHITARRA EUREKA! ギター EUREKA! κιθάρα EUREKA! 기타 EUREKA! GUITARRA ERUREKA! гитара EUREKA! 吉他 EUREKA!

Saturday 18 April 2009

POST #036 Robben Ford on his Style and playing from the Heart

“ People think there’s something amazing going on, but there’s not. I’m really a very basic guitar player. It’s just bebop and blues. Stravinsky and Ravel – now that’s complicated! I like simple music – as did my heroes. Miles Davis liked simple things. Same as Coltrane. Giant Steps was complicated but after that it was basic Two Five progressions for the rest of his life. A Love Supreme isn’t hard, but it’s from the heart – and that’s what matters.” – Robben Ford

“I’m really not doing anything that hasn’t been done a thousand times before, but I’m doing it in my own way, from my heart and in a way that moves me”. – Robben Ford

(Pretty much a one chord funk /latin work out here, Robben Ford's outside lines combined with a bluesy sensibility really does it for me...that great tension and release - Ed)

1 comment:

  1. Discovered your blog at the GW Blips. Thanks for the blogroll. Your blog is very cool! Now blogrolled at Stratoblogster.

    cheers!
    jp

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...